Events Manager & Programme LeadApply for this role
Senior experience in planning and managing events required
We’re looking for an experienced, senior events professional to manage all aspects of our first ever event, ‘Amplify London’. The right candidate will have proven experience of planning and managing an ambitious event from early-stage planning through to the delivery of the event itself and then post-event analysis.
This summer, Amplify will ‘amp’ up Greater London through our first health and fitness festival, timed to coincide with the UK’s reopening to the post-lockdown world. This will encourage Londoners of all demographics to reignite life in the city, move their bodies and celebrate their health and wellbeing. The goal of this event is to promote health, physical fitness and a balanced lifestyle.
It’s envisaged the festival will last for four weeks and comprise a number of hyper-local, micro-events, which Londoners will be able to engage with physically or digitally via the Amplify app. Thee majority of these micro-events will involve Londoners taking part in physical exercises, which are gamified through the app. In addition, we’ll be hosting educational events to inspire people with practical tips and advice to help them build a more healthy, balanced life.
Throughout the festival we’ll be featuring our extensive network of sports and fitness stars – covering everyone from sporting legends and Olympians to young athletes and those involved in grassroots sporting programmes. We need to ensure a wide range of stars and athletes are involved in the event in order to motivate as many people in London as possible.
Through this event, we’ll be hard launching Amplify to the mass market as well as playing the role of the technology and digital partner to reinvigorate London and Londoners.
Read on to find out more.
What will I be doing?
Our ambition for Amplify London is big, so you won’t be working alone. You’ll be managing a combined team of external agencies – covering event strategy, planning, media and marketing communications. You will act as our internal events manager and programme lead for the entire event. You’ll also be supported by our leadership team and our highly capable internal content, production, marketing, operations and sales teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinating and overseeing all aspects of planning and managing the event working seamlessly with our external events and marketing agencies)
- Developing the concept with colleagues, agencies and our partners (e.g. commercial landlords, gym chains, retailers, media outlets etc)
- Working with colleagues to identify brands and partners to feature in the event
- Ensuring Amplify’s objectives, and those of our partners, are aligned and working through any tensions
- Developing the creative and promotional activity plan (marketing, PR), including working with national media outlets
- Closely co-ordinating with the internal product team to ensure the event and the app’s capabilities remain aligned, and that we build the necessary functionality to support our event visions and plans
- Selecting suppliers, negotiating commercials and arranging contracts
- Taking responsibility to ensure all legal requirements are met and appropriate health and safety measures are put in place. Also identifying and managing key risks
- Taking full responsibility for budgets, forecasting, achieving sign off, monitoring all spend and finance processes
- Overall, delivering a high-profile event that runs smoothly and meets the objectives of both Amplify and our partners
- Proven experience leading the creation and execution of events – you must be able to talk us through events you’ve taken responsibility for, their objectives and what was achieved against them
- Able to be strategic but also hands on; this is our first event and we expect everybody at Amplify to roll their sleeves up
- Must have successfully managed events both virtually and face to face, including dealing with complex events and large audiences
- Thorough expertise in the legal and health and safety requirements of events – particularly the latest Covid19 rules and guidelines
- Strong budget management skills
- Excellent people skills across internal teams and external suppliers/partners
- Experience in fostering and maintaining positive and professional relationships with key suppliers and commercial partners
- Demonstrable experience of promoting an event, across PR and marketing, including working with media outlets like the BBC
- Proven experience of successfully co-ordinating between partners, brands, suppliers and government bodies – e.g. the London Mayor’s office
- Minimum of five years’ events experience
Hybrid Remote Working & Office Time
We're all working from home now. When we can be in the office, you'll be expected to be there 1 or 2 days a week in Horsham, West Sussex, and work from home the rest of the time. We're flexible - our team are based around the UK and India.
How to Apply
Email us your CV and a covering email/letter (Word or PDF) that explains how your experiences match our requirements